Cornwall - Advice

Vive_La_Villa

There are loads of great places for couples in Cornwall...Looe, Polperro, St Austell, The Lizard peninsula, Carlyon Bay, Mevagissey etc.

Not Newquay though :)

You forgot Gweek :)

Ive been before on 2 stags and although it is a great night out, it is a complete sausage fest. The ratio of men to women in the clubs has to be something like 9:1.

Would be an awful place to go with a girlfriend as well due to all the 'stags'. Beaches are okay though I guess.

For the amount of time it takes to get to cornwall from the midlands and the extortionate cost of hotels and restaurants, your better off getting a cheap flight and go abroad.

I used to live there, and my (scottish) girlfriend absolutely loved it. it may have changed a lot, but I doubt it. Maybe it's different if you're just visiting. Fantastic place, IMO.

Newquay? Recomend any places to go eat or things to do?

I can see how it could be good if surf and do activities etc but missus expecting so not up for anything. Something else I really should have considered before booking it really.

yep. Newquay. As your missus is expecting it does limit it a bit, but maybe take a walk to the bowgie from town, or wander out on the coast, either just on the headland, to towards watergate bay. Great views. If you have a car, then there's local villages, there's a few beaches that are kind of unknown (polly joke). On the other coast fowey and mevagissey are only maybe 30 or 40 mins away and worth a visit. Or go to st Ives, Penzance, lands end, Truro -all good for a day or half day visit. In Newquay itself, bimble up to the red lion, sit and watch the sea. Dunno if they still have bands on, on a Sunday in there.
  • Like 1

Ive been before on 2 stags and although it is a great night out, it is a complete sausage fest. The ratio of men to women in the clubs has to be something like 9:1.

Would be an awful place to go with a girlfriend as well due to all the 'stags'. Beaches are okay though I guess.

For the amount of time it takes to get to cornwall from the midlands and the extortionate cost of hotels and restaurants, your better off getting a cheap flight and go abroad.

I used to live there, and my (scottish) girlfriend absolutely loved it. it may have changed a lot, but I doubt it. Maybe it's different if you're just visiting. Fantastic place, IMO.
Newquay? Recomend any places to go eat or things to do?

I can see how it could be good if surf and do activities etc but missus expecting so not up for anything. Something else I really should have considered before booking it really.

yep. Newquay. As your missus is expecting it does limit it a bit, but maybe take a walk to the bowgie from town, or wander out on the coast, either just on the headland, to towards watergate bay. Great views. If you have a car, then there's local villages, there's a few beaches that are kind of unknown (polly joke). On the other coast fowey and mevagissey are only maybe 30 or 40 mins away and worth a visit. Or go to st Ives, Penzance, lands end, Truro -all good for a day or half day visit. In Newquay itself, bimble up to the red lion, sit and watch the sea. Dunno if they still have bands on, on a Sunday in there.

Cheers for that. Did you ever visit Crantock village and beach?

Yes - friends lived there. lovely. Tall trees (or three pines, or similar name ) pub there is nice. Nice village, too. Ice cream seller on the walk down the little passage to the beach, which is a good 'un, too. I should have mentioned it, actually.

Yes - friends lived there. lovely. Tall trees (or three pines, or similar name ) pub there is nice. Nice village, too. Ice cream seller on the walk down the little passage to the beach, which is a good 'un, too. I should have mentioned it, actually.

We are there now. This is more like it and what I expected. So much nicer than the beaches by our hotel in Newquay.

• Like 1

Â