adware

Ingram85

Question

www.comparavordiese.com

This was what I was just redirected to 3 times in the space of 10 minutes just now. Spelling might be a little off.

Windows phone 8.1

Internet explorer mobile desktop

Redirected within the same page it did not open a new page.

14 answers to this question

I'm confused. Why is this in a new thread? Is this something new? Recent? What makes you think it is adware rather than just an advert? Did your anti-virus report something?

Looking around on the internet these things happen on mobile devices on many sites and as no-one will assist when I ask for testers there is little I can do.

I suggest that you try a different browser. If that doesn't work, then there is always the option of donating. (As I've said before, the site runs at a loss and I make less from donations than adverts, but I'd rather you were happy.)

I've not merged this thread as I don't know if its the same issue as the other thread.

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

"I'm going to assume this magically fixed itself while I was away in BOF-land.

Please start a new thread for further instances".

Your last post in the other thread. Just doing as I'm told. Its the same as described in the other thread.

Its obviously not an isolated issue if people are getting the same thing happening on different phones. The last time I donated a glitch occured which locked me out of my vt account. Is the VT app available for windows phones?

• Like 2

Ah yes. The Guinness caused my mind to slip. You didn't answer my other questions though.

Yours is the only report since I closed that thread so I have to assume this is just you unless others speak up.

I've no idea what "locked me out of my VT account" means. There is no mechanism by which that can happen. This may be a clue. Can you expand on this at all?

No apps are available for windows phones. You knew that when you bought it ;)

• Like 1

Has happened to me again. I use Chrome on Windows 7.

I would be a "tester" but I only come on for 10 minutes or so at work so don't have time.

What do you mean by "has happened again"? This is a thread about adware on a windows phone using the mobile skin. I'll need a lot more details to start to assist with a desktop issue. Things like what exactly has happened, what you mean by "again" and then answers to the questions in the PLEASE READ THIS post at the top of the forum. Thanks.

I would be a "tester" but I only come on for 10 minutes or so at work so don't have time.

What do you mean by "has happened again"? This is a thread about adware on a windows phone using the mobile skin. I'll need a lot more details to start to assist with a desktop issue. Things like what exactly has happened, what you mean by "again" and then answers to the questions in the PLEASE READ THIS post at the top of the forum. Thanks.

As Ingram quoted you from the "Possible VT Adware" thread I assumed you gathered it may have been related to that. I posted in there that I was redirected to a gaming site (with the link). It stopped for a week or so and started again two days ago.

I have cleared my cache and cookies , tested using Internet Explorer (which I don't want to use just to come on here) which led to me being redirected 3 times before I was able to log in, then a few minutes browsing was okay but I can't be sure as I didn't have time to continue using the site (as previously mentioned). This has happened both at home and at work.

Clearly it is not an issue related to a particular device or browser.

As Ingram quoted you from the "Possible VT Adware" thread I assumed you gathered it may have been related to that. I posted in there that I was redirected to a gaming site (with the link). It stopped for a week or so and started again two days ago.

I have cleared my cache and cookies , tested using Internet Explorer (which I don't want to use just to come on here) which led to me being redirected 3 times before I was able to log in, then a few minutes browsing was okay but I can't be sure as I didn't have time to continue using the site (as previously mentioned). This has happened both at home and at work.

Clearly it is not an issue related to a particular device or browser.

I don't think these are the same problem. The redirects are to completely different classes of site. This is still only happening to an incredibly tiny number of people.

I can keep repeating this, but until I can get some people to give me a little time I can't do anything. There are literally no ads in common between the desktop skin and the mobile skin. That means if they are related it's something really basic and I'm not going to fiddle with that stuff without testers who can reproduce the problem in case I break something for all the other users.

From the other thread:

If you are desperate, consider donating for a month (which will remove all the ads). This isn't some fund raising drive, the site gets more revenue from you seeing the ads than it makes from a donation (and it still makes a loss).

There are over 30k visits to the site per day and just a tiny number of people affected (less than 10).

I really don't know what to suggest either (other than donating). Everyone gets adverts from the same two companies (three if you are a guest).

Â