Tunnelbear

Big_John_10

Yeah sorry should have added a bit more info.

Basically I tried tunnel bear on a bt connection and no problems, turned netflix to us netflix instantly. Tried it in 2 houses that have virgin media and it won't work. When I select USA and turn the VPN on it fails to connect and an error message comes up.

The two virgin media routers are both fairly new so I'm assuming this is something they're trying to block. Is there something I need to do to the router to make this work?

Are other apps that require an internet connection working?

Does it work over 3G? Not a proper solution and you don't want to use Netflix over 3G, but just to confirm the app itself is working and setup, and nothing has gone wrong with it since you tried it on the BT connection.

And most importantly, as you've said there's an error message...What's the **** error message? :P

I've checked on Virgin fibreoptic using a superhub, from an Android handset and Tunnelbear works fine.

Edited by Davkaus

After a bit more investigation, it looks like it is the super hub blocking it. I restored my super hub to default settings and had the same problem.

If you're the owner of the router or have permission to change the settings, you can disable Virgin's built in firewall (at your own risk, etc, etc - can you tell this shit is my job and I'm used to covering my arse?) which should hopefully work.

If you're able to do this, you need to login to the router (by default http://192.168.0.1 from your browser)

Choose 'advanced settings'

Choose 'Firewall' (under the 'security' heading)

Untick the top box 'firewall' and click apply in the bottom right corner.

The firewall blocks VPNs from working even when the firewall protection level  is set to low.

Edited by Davkaus

Â