Weird existential stuff

darrenm

It makes perfect sense. We are just biological computers . We act in accordance to our spec ( I.e. genetic make up ). Some people have a more powerful spec, which is why some of us are more capable than others (smarter etc). Our software however is our enviromental experiences. The outside world is what moulds us into our individuality.

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

Hm, we may need a neuroscientist to help with that answer (I don't know the exact nature of memory), but if the clone was exactly the same, he'd turn left too.

No such thing as free will.

as we differ on free will that may determine our difference of opinion ... but I think the clone could turn right if he wanted to

He could turn right... But it'd be down to differences in stimulus between the two clones.

They both can't occupy the same space, so one will experience slightly different stimulus, a slightly different view of the junction, different temperature, any number of minute changes, and chaos theory says that any one of them can drastically alter the system, meaning an entirely different decision could be made just because the chemical reactions in the brain take place at a fraction of a degree higher temperature.

Â