Day Z - PC

carlitobrigante

Anyone played it?

Its hardcore with a capital H, and recent patches have lessened the appeal somewhat, but its still one of the most unique gaming expieriences i have ever had.

For those who dont know, its a zombie / survival co-op / pvp mod for arma 2. Its a FPS multiplayer game. You spawn anywhere in a 200 x 200 square km map, with up to 40 other players.,

The average life expectancy for a new spawn is 49 minutes. Its often ridiculously hardcore.

You can wonder around for hours sometimes without seeing another player. And then when you do bump into one its incredibly tense as most people will shoot other survivors on site for their loot which is incredibly limited.

Many a time ive been down to my last tin of beans, made friends with another survivor. then had to shoot him in the back when his guard was down to loot his kit.

Its brutal, bleak, and can be amazingly frustrating. but if you have a beefy gaming pc that can handle it i recommend you giving it a try.

There's a few people on here that play.

I've not bothered too much since the patch that took away weapons when spawning. There's hardcore, and then there's just a degree of brutal that's unfun.

That, and the plethora of hackers that Rocket seems unable to stop make playing pretty undersirable at the moment. I don't mind dying and losing all of my stuff., I do mind someone spawning immediately behind me, being immune to being shot several times in the head, killing me, then instantly reappearing behind my friend and doing the same.

I know it's Alpha, but **** that.

In addition, a stand-alone client is planned for sometime before the end of the year. If you plan to play a bit of Arma 2 anyway (and you should, it's a great game) then go ahead, but at this point I really wouldn't recommend buying Arma 2 just for DayZ.

Â