Making A Video From Images and Music

GaztonVilla

Ok, this is a bit deep and sentimental but I have my reasons and you can all go and jump... :) (I'm getting my retaliation in first, before people call me soppy and ghey hehe)

My missus is a bit depressed at the minute. I want to make a video clip for her, not so much to cheer her up but just to show I'm here to support her.

I want the video to be set to a specific song. I'm not telling you what that song is, cos half of you will scoff at me :)

The video will be made up of photographs, transitioning into each other throughout the song.

Now, here's the kicker..

During the song, it reaches a crescendo and speeds up. At this point I want the images to "flicker". Is that the word? Basically, I want the transition to speed up LOADS during this crescendo, and then slow down again.

I've looked at bits of free software but can't seem to get my head around finding one that has the ability to speed up the transitions at certain points.

Is Sony Vegas the best way forward or can anyone recommend something else, preferably free? However, I'm not against spending money if absolutely necessary.

Thanks in advance. And "feck off" in advance to people who scoff :)

There is a section on the middle where I (try to) match pictures with music. It's relatively easy if you keep on top of time stamps.

Â