Fishing /fav spots

walesavfc

thought i would start a thread where us fishermen/women could share our favourite spots and tips on tactics on said waters etc.

Pools

Morton Springs Day tickets available on bank

Ill start off with Morton Springs nr Henley in Arden, spring fed pool with good sized carp the occasional Barble all in excellent condition, none of the lips missing like some day ticket waters :( .

Working method here for me is a ledger with 12 foot tail with a dog biscuit floating to the top fished about 20 feet out. Have no idea why but if i try fishing the top with a carp controller the fish seem to shy away. Hallibut pellet on the bottom allso works but i prefer fishing on the top.

Coppice lake BAA Water (nightfishing allowed with a night permit)

coppice lake has some huge carp in it,the pools record is 32lb averaging 10-15lb, Allso large amounts of Bream/skimmers for the pole angler, fished thsi for first time yesterday and wasn`t dissapointed, fished for the silver fish and not the carp this time, had 10 bream/skimmers upto 4lb each.

River

Marcliff BAA Water (nightfishing allowed with a night permit)

This as got to be one of my favoured stretches of the Avon, i try to get the island pegs on the lock and cast a ledger/meat between the reads in the fast water, had loads of good barble off these pegs.allso you can drive through the gate in the car park and get car close.

hope other allso have some of thier favourate places to fish as am allways looking for somewhere new to go

Â