Stoke game - pub with food

davidp

I've got an American friend coming to the game with a 15 year old, Villa supporting, faddy eating son. They're doing a European trip and this is one of the highlights (dear God!). I haven't had the heart to tell them what a shit season we're having, but plan on at least getting them some decent pub grub ahead of the game (generous or what :-) ).

I have the Barton Arms lined up but don't think he'll take to the Thai food....any other suggestions 10 to 20 mins walk from the ground?

All suggestions gratefully received.....

I'd suggest the Old Joint Stock Theatre opposite the Cathedral. Quality pub food and an impressive building. Then you just need to catch the 7 bus from Colmore Row (20 yards away) which takes 10-15mins to get to Villa Park. If they're visiting from the US, suggest a pie (they have a separate pie menu) or fish and chips.

All you'll get is the usual Pub Grub. Steaks or Burgers, anything else of the menu is just pinged.

The Weatherspoon Burgers are good. So One Stop will be your best bet.

Actually if you do fancy something a little different 'The Grove' in Handsworth does brilliant indian food, a large mixed grill with mint sauce cant be beat.

Â