• Collins
    • Clark
    • Ireland
    • Albrighton
    • Petrov
    • Bent
    • Agbonlahor
    • Keane (for Warnock 81)

20 good minutes when Ireland came into the game, otherwise pretty uninspiring. Gave Given MOTM for looking sharp on his return and saving us on several occasions in the first half.

Gabby was only in the game sporadically, Albrighton's delivery was poor and Petrov/Clark offered little going forward so we rarely looked threatening outside that one spell. Full backs are very poor, Warnock the worst example today. Unfortunately it's hard to see much changing. I think we need to get Bannan and Ireland in the team together as they might both appreciate playing alongside someone who can think quickly & make first-time passes.

There's a general lack of confidence in the side - only when we took the lead did the players seem to relax and start playing a bit of football - think we've more chance of getting points away than at home right now.

Im sorry Pete but you must be truly demented

you in your demented state trying to play devils advocate for McLeish so much that youre now seriously trying to say McLeish is a better or equal manager to Moyes??

:crylaugh:

where did i say or imply that at all?

im saying that moyes isn't a particularly good manager

:lol:

i dont get this

why is he held up in such high regard? everton fans are getting sick of him, they list plenty of major issues with him, which are fairly apparent.

for all his alleged talents, he's a point ahead of a villa team that plenty on here reckon are relegation fodder with the worst manager in the league. how does that make moyes a good manager?

5 top 8 finishes in a row without a pot to piss in, also a 4th place finish and champions league qualifaction again wthout a pot to piss in and team that lacks a goalscorer but cant afford to buy one

if moyes had been able to spend the amount of money we have spent in the last 10 years I think you would find Everton would be finishing higher than 8th every year

Well and truly with Pete on this one. David Moyes is the most overated man in football imo.

Â