RIP Nigel Pardhoe

smudge1874

Today is the funeral of Nigel Pardhoe who left us a fortnight ago in only his mid 40s. To many of you he won't be known. Nigel was one of the groundstaff (dark hair and a Ned Flanders type moustache) at the Villa for a many number of years as well as being a dedicated life long Villan.

I was lucky enough to have known Nigel through club cricket and the man was a happy go lucky bloke who loved his work and the Villa.

RIP Nigel.

UTV

I was at his funeral in a packed Coleshill Church. A very good attendance with some notable Villa faces present including Sid Cowans. It's strange when you see these guys on the pitch going about their work and you don't give a thought to their lives in the outside world or the talents they posses. Nigel was an excellent musician and it was moving to hear the music played as his coffin was brought into church. It was a recording of Nigel himself playing the clarinet. A top class performance.

R.I.P.

I was at his funeral in a packed Coleshill Church. A very good attendance with some notable Villa faces present including Sid Cowans. It's strange when you see these guys on the pitch going about their work and you don't give a thought to their lives in the outside world or the talents they posses. Nigel was an excellent musician and it was moving to hear the music played as his coffin was brought into church. It was a recording of Nigel himself playing the clarinet. A top class performance.

R.I.P.

this

Top bloke will be greatly missed.

There aren't many who would get the CEO turn up for a funeral

• 4 months later...
Â