Munich.

Don_Simon

So the boys and I are off to Munich at Crimbo time for some beery high-jinx, some german market goodness, umpteen bratwurst and a game at the Allianz.

Any one been to Munich that can give me any gems? I love Germany as a country, been to many places, (went to Hamburg to see our football thraping there a few seasons back, Harewood our lone striker, bad times!), so really looking forward to the Bayern v Koln game.

Cheers in advance for any help guys and gals!

Do the "Hitler" walking tour , you'll see them advertised in town .. meet by the big clock tower thingy (Marienplatz? ) .. very interesting if you are into your history

Go to a Beer hall and have Pork Knuckles and Steins of beer ... repeat until bored of pork ..

or check out Hirschgarten which is in Neuhausen .. it will have a small Christmas market but mainly its famous for the beer garden which my German client who lives there told me is the worlds largest beer garden

there is also a BMW museum ..maybe you could pop in and find out why BMW's are built without indicators :-)

And on the outskirts if you have time visit Neuschwanstein Castle (if it is open that time of year?).

I drove it the other year ..at 130 + Km away I'd hardly call it the out skirts :-)

but it is well worth the drive

And on the outskirts if you have time visit Neuschwanstein Castle (if it is open that time of year?).

I drove it the other year ..at 130 + Km away I'd hardly call it the out skirts :-)

but it is well worth the drive

That is definitely on the itinerary! Wanted to do a bike tour but they dont do them at this time of year. Booooo!

Â