Wireless not working on 360

Ingram85

Only got it today and connected to xbox live absolutely fine this morning but since ive got back from the match earlier I cannot for the life of me get this damned console to connect to my wireless.

Ive reset the connection upstairs loads of times, restored to factory defaults within the connection screens on the dashboard but no joy, why would it connect this morning and not this evening when all ive done is turned the console off and turned it back on again when ive got home? Grrrrr!!!!!

It says it doesnt recognise the ip address and ive tried all the solutions on xbox.com/support but nothing is working, its annoying because it was working this morning and nothing has been changed with regards to the connection or anything. Literally turned it off, went to villa, came back and it wouldnt connect. Bloody things.

Im wondering if the internal wifi thing is toast, which would be annoying as ive only had the console since 10.30 today.

I'm going to hijack this thread. (I hope your wireless problem was sorted Ingram)

Nothing to do with a problem per se I just wanted to know that if I want a wireless connection with xBox do I have to buy the official wirless adapter or is there an alternative?

I've heard about using my laptop but I read past "bridging the connection" and I just shut down mentally.

Â