Finding accomdation only in Croatia - for next month

saturdaygig

My daughter booked accomodation with travel republic for week in Porec (4th to the 11th September) in decent looking budget accomodation to have a wind down after the music festival in Pula the week before. Yesterday travel republic called to say that the accomodation is no longer available and can't offer any alternatives, apart from something at twice the cost, or something else 500miles away. It seems their terms and conditions allow them to do this, so they seem like poeple to avoid for a start.

Does anyone know of some decent budget accomodation in Porec or Rovinj, or maybe further north at a pinch? There are just two of them travelling. Maybe some private apartments that don't show up on the big holiday sites

Any help would be appreciated.

In my experience in Croatia, when I went to Split and Hvar, and heard Pula was similar, whenever you arrive you get swarmed by people offering you accomodation. They wait at the train stations and ferry ports and whisk you off.

Thye are usually private apartments or conversions of parts of there house.

The website seems to have a comprehensive list of all the hotels in Porec, all the way down to a two-star so there might be a cheap option on there.

This company deals with apartments and campsites around Porec, but they do claimn to be somewhat, ah, naturist friendly so bear that in mind. :shock:

The accomdation tab on this site seemingly lists all the private accomodation in Rovinj, so might be of some use.

The website seems to have a comprehensive list of all the hotels in Porec, all the way down to a two-star so there might be a cheap option on there.

This company deals with apartments and campsites around Porec, but they do claimn to be somewhat, ah, naturist friendly so bear that in mind. :shock:

The accomdation tab on this site seemingly lists all the private accomodation in Rovinj, so might be of some use.

Thanks for that. I had a more succesful google search today and found some like that.

In my experience in Croatia, when I went to Split and Hvar, and heard Pula was similar, whenever you arrive you get swarmed by people offering you accomodation. They wait at the train stations and ferry ports and whisk you off.

I'm not sure if she has the confidence to travel without anything booked, but it does sound likely to be the cheapest option....I assume you've got some negiating power if they have accom that vacant last minute.

I'm not sure if she has the confidence to travel without anything booked, but it does sound likely to be the cheapest option....I assume you've got some negiating power if they have accom that vacant last minute.

Yeah they seem pretty desperate to get you, but it's not overly pricey anyway.

Â