Coming Up: Fulham

LancsVillan

Somewhat belatedly a brief preview to today's match at Craven Cottage.

Our overall record v Fulham

Aston Villa wins Draws Fulham wins

League 18 19 17

FA Cup 1 0 1

League Cup 1 1 0

Total 20 20 18

Recently:

2010/2011

Premier League Sa 05Feb 2011 Aston Villa 2 - 2 Fulham

Premier League Sa 06Nov 2010 Fulham 1 - 1 Aston Villa

2009/2010

Premier League Sa 30Jan 2010 Fulham 0 - 2 Aston Villa

Premier League Su 30Aug 2009 Aston Villa 2 - 0 Fulham

2008/2009

Premier League Sa 09May 2009 Fulham 3 - 1 Aston Villa

Premier League Sa 29Nov 2008 Aston Villa 0 - 0 Fulham

So anyone who thinks that todays opponents are one where we should expect three points is for me somewhat deluded. Add in that they have played ties in the Europa League to gain a match fit edge and I feel a point today is one won not two dropped.

I would expect them to line up pretty much as they did in their recent win over NK Split.

M Schwarzer, B Hangeland, J Riise, A Johnson, D Murphy, P Senderos, D Duff, A Hughes, D Etuhu, C Dempsey, B Zamora.

So there is the opportunity to give Bluenose Johnson the bird; We might even get to see two Villa 'rejects' in Aaron Hughes (who I always thought did a reasonable job) and Steve Sidwell (who didn't).

My prediction for Villa:

S Given, L Young, R Dunne, J Collins, S Warnock, J II Makoun, S Petrov, F Delph, C N'Zogbia, S Ireland and D Bent.

1-1 with a goal for us from one James Collins.

So wherever you watch the match today here is looking forward to a good game and despite my thinking it'll be a draw here's to three points.

I am going to be expanding the match previews and if anyone wants to become part of a VT panel looking at that please PM me.

Â