Ratings & Reactions Walsall Friendly Away

JulieB

I honestly did not hear them once, except a half-hearted cheer after their goal. There must have been 1500 there? **** em off next season maybe, i think Solihull Moors would bring more to a game, pathetic numbers by them, outsung and outnumbered vastly by our support.

Villa over kill maybe? We play them every bloody year! Not exactly a novelty anymore for them is it?

Promising, although you have to remember Walsall are a League One side. Ireland (until he got injured), Makoun and Albrighton were the stand-out players for me, the two former players especially looking like they had a point to prove...Barry Bannan is a class act!

wedge- since I couldn't get an answer from Paul and Dan on the OS Matchcenter- how was the intent of Villa's play in the first half? Was it a direct style, more of a roll-it-around possession game, or kind of a mix? Was play directed through the center of the pitch or the wings? Finally, without the ball, was McLeish getting the team pressing, or was he happy to let the players hang back, soak pressure and spring the counter?

Best part of the game for me was when the bloke in front of me shouted to Darren Bent ' Harry missus would've scored that' - when he hit the post for the 3rd goal. Benty just turned round, smiled and shrugged his shoulders.

wedge- since I couldn't get an answer from Paul and Dan on the OS Matchcenter- how was the intent of Villa's play in the first half? Was it a direct style, more of a roll-it-around possession game, or kind of a mix? Was play directed through the center of the pitch or the wings? Finally, without the ball, was McLeish getting the team pressing, or was he happy to let the players hang back, soak pressure and spring the counter?

It was like their defence vs our attack, surprisingly high-tempo in the first half before all the subs were made, in all fairness it could have been 10-1, a sign of things to come I hope...Even the full-backs were flying forward and we played it out of defence rather than hoofing it, we looked a class above but remember Walsall are a League One team so can't really judge until we play a team at a similar level.

Â