i'm making a football game... seeking alpha testers

bobtrouser

mods please delete if inappropriate... 

I'm working on a casual/arcade 7 a side football game in the spirit of sensible soccer ISS and kick off , and am a longtime villa fan. i would love some alpha testers who like football and games and football games soooooo....

currently built for windows/linux and the free alpha is available on steam and itch.io. It's not fifa or pes, but...

there's two player mode, which also works with steam connect

am also happy to debate the villa players in the team :D

Super Liquid Soccer on Steam (steampowered.com)

SuperLiquidSoccer by punyrobot (itch.io)

there's a discord link in the game if you'd like to provide any feedback, good or bad, all welcome. those who contribute get to be a player in the game...

cheers! 

bike2small.jpg

astonvanilla.jpg

• Like 4

I'm impressed! I loved Sensible Soccer and Kick Off II (and its 'sequel')

downloaded for mac, get message "“SuperLiquidSoccer.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin." when trying to open it.

How are you finding goDot? Like many things I spent a few months learning Unity and got bored once I had hacked a 3d version of level 1 of Super Mario using character assets ripped from Super Mario 3D. I then moved onto PhaserJS then Roblox - I've got too much time on my hands. Can say other than Repton on the PC I've never completed a game I've started from scratch (I'm going back a way Spectrum, BBC, Atari, Amiga, PC)

14 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I'm impressed! I loved Sensible Soccer and Kick Off II (and its 'sequel')

downloaded for mac, get message "“SuperLiquidSoccer.app” is damaged and can’t be opened. You should move it to the Bin." when trying to open it.

How are you finding goDot? Like many things I spent a few months learning Unity and got bored once I had hacked a 3d version of level 1 of Super Mario using character assets ripped from Super Mario 3D. I then moved onto PhaserJS then Roblox - I've got too much time on my hands. Can say other than Repton on the PC I've never completed a game I've started from scratch (I'm going back a way Spectrum, BBC, Atari, Amiga, PC)

thanks! the mac version is _very_ out of date, i'll upload a new build.. unfortunately i haven't jumped through all the apple hoops to get rid of that mac warning. you can override it like this: How to Fix “App Is Damaged and Can’t Be Opened” on Mac (howtogeek.com) if you trust my app :D but i'd wait till i upload a new version. That being said, i don't have a mac to test on currently so i have no idea how it performs.

i really like Godot, i find it much simpler to get going with than Unity and i find i jibe with the mental model . i'm a big fan of the scripting language too, you can get stuff going really quickly without getting bogged down with software engineering nonsense....i also go back to spectrum era :) and other than some simple lua mobile games this is the most complex thing i've made, whilst learning the engine as i go. 

2 hours ago, bobtrouser said:

wait, you made repton? :D

not quite, I did a version of it on my old 486! It ran well on there, but is unplayably quick on modern putas.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, limpid said:

Is this a local app or can you build it as a WPA so that it's cross platform without effort?

i'm sorry what's a WPA app? 

the Engine i'm using (Godot) i can export to Windows, Linux , mac as well as mobile. potentially also for switch and xbox...

21 minutes ago, bobtrouser said:

i'm sorry what's a WPA app? 

the Engine i'm using (Godot) i can export to Windows, Linux , mac as well as mobile. potentially also for switch and xbox...

Sorry, I typoed PWA. Some examples

Apps that run in your browser so you don't have to create and manage versions for each platform.

12 minutes ago, limpid said:

Sorry, I typoed PWA. Some examples

Apps that run in your browser so you don't have to create and manage versions for each platform.

ah yes!, i can potentially export as an html5 game, i should try that. but not pwa specifically i don't believe.

Edited by bobtrouser

15 minutes ago, bobtrouser said:

ah yes!, i can potentially export as an html5 game, i should try that. but not pwa specifically i don't believe.

Seems an odd omission. The PWA will just work on any Mac, WIdnows, Linux or ChromeOS device.

10 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

I'm loving this, thanks @bobtrouser  just gone through the 'my first 2D' game tutorial on Godot. Seems little more straight forward than Unity. 

no worries! yeah i think it's more straightforward... being open source the docs aren't always there , but with it getting more popular for things like game jams the userbase is growing so there's more tutorials and the like. It doesn't have the depth of the asset store in unity for sure, but  i just find it really fun to be honest...

Â