Digital camera question (warning: contains idiocy)

StewieGriffin

So, Mrs Stewie and I are off on honeymoon in a few weeks and we've left getting new camera until now.

Basically, we need a digital camera with a selfie mode (not just "turn it around, duh!") - the only ones we've seen all evening which seem to have it are specific vlogging cameras which are way out of our budget. I assumed in this day and age it would be a fairly standard spec in a camera, especially when its widely available in phones and laptops.

What are we missing in the 3 hours we've spent googling?

What's wrong with your phone?  

What's your budget?   Presumably by "selfie mode" you just mean a screen you can flip or rotate so it faces forwards?    Most cameras have an app where you can use your phone as a remote shutter so you can frame your shot using the phone screen.  

• Like 1

Absolutely.  Don't get me wrong, I still much prefer shooting with an actual camera (I even take photos with 35mm film sometimes) but there's so much to unpack with what to buy that people have made entire careers based upon just talking about it.    I still wouldn't buy a flagship phone just for it's camera, you can get a nice interchangeable lens system for less than the price of a new iPhone, and having full manual control over the thing is a pleasure once you know what you are doing but the single most important thing is budget.   

4 hours ago, The_Rev said:

What's wrong with your phone?  

What's your budget?   Presumably by "selfie mode" you just mean a screen you can flip or rotate so it faces forwards?    Most cameras have an app where you can use your phone as a remote shutter so you can frame your shot using the phone screen.  

Yes, a flippable/rotating screen. 

Budget £150-ish, which wont get a top range camera I know.

We figured that we'd be using our phones a lot (we're going to Disneyland and everything is app-based) so didnt want to risk battery being low

Edited by StewieGriffin

21 hours ago, StewieGriffin said:

Yes, a flippable/rotating screen. 

Budget £150-ish, which wont get a top range camera I know.

We figured that we'd be using our phones a lot (we're going to Disneyland and everything is app-based) so didnt want to risk battery being low

Moment lens (depending on needs) - https://www.shopmoment.com/

DM me if you want to chat as I use these and have 4 - happy to advise. £150 should get you an lens for the phone + the case you'll need.

Â