Aliens Fireteam

Dave-R

Anyone ready for the Xenomorph fight?

It's basically what you would think it'd be, a straight up co op shooter with all sorts of different Xenomorphs. You choose your class and blast your way through level after level.

The one plu about the game is it's not going to be the price of a full retail 60 pound and upgame, ithink it's going to be around 40 pound 

Gameplay vid:

• 3 months later...

The game is fun. Not lots of maps yet which is the norm, a few updates needed for sure but it is very fun and cheaper than your average full retail priced game.

£30.00 was the price I paid on release and to be fair its worth very penny.

Difficulty of the game is absolute tough from the start.

You start off by making your avatar, you then start the first mission in a fire team with two others be it AI synths or other human friendly players and choose your difficulty where even standard can be tough. You earn Script as your currency, so yes there is a shop with all sorts in including weapons, attachments, perks and even cosmetics or more (that's not real life money bought BTW). 

Ooooooh is this out now then? Made a mental note to pick this up when it dropped, completely slipped my mind. Hope the AI bots are alright as I'd just come to the end of my PS+ and had no desire to renew it.

1 hour ago, GarethRDR said:

Ooooooh is this out now then? Made a mental note to pick this up when it dropped, completely slipped my mind. Hope the AI bots are alright as I'd just come to the end of my PS+ and had no desire to renew it.

Yes it's out now mate.

Wouldn't recommend doing it with bots button can get through it with them.

It's only around 30 quid.

Each weapon must be levelled up and in leveling up get stronger and add more combat rating. You can get a gun to 120 combat rating, 100 from attachments and 20 from leveling the gun up.

The whole challenge card system changes the game so much. These challange cards give all sorts of buffs or debuffs while giving you experience, credit or even attachment gains and more. Some challenge cards can take the entire his away, while other make the game black and white colour, others can make you reload slower yet some can add different type of enemy's making the game tougher or easier.

The story itself is set from the engineers story in Prometheus and they plan on moving it on and on and all DLC has been announced as free DLC. I know I mentioned it above but there cosmetics is kept to the xbox store and left out of the in game store so it's not in your face, in game cosmetics can be brought with points you accumulate after each level you do.

There are daily and weekly mission and the weekly gives 5.500 Script which is worth doing,the daily give 800 scripts.

The sounds of the game I must say the devs did an absolutely spot on job, from the Alien screeching to the gun sounds and even the alien detector.

There are four classes when you start the game which are Gunner, Demolisher, Doc and Technician, a 5th one opens up once you complete the levels which is recon. There is no crap class and each class can be levelled to tier VIII where you get more perk slots to attach your own build to, I really did make the ultimate healer with doc who still packs a punch.

You can get Weapons, attachments, skins, Emotes, challenge cards, consumables and more from the shop.

Alien levels vary and each set of missions has different units. You face normal aliens, Synthetics (with many variety), Facehuggers and the version before they evolved where they have four legs. Pathogens types. There are spitters, explorers, prowlers, Warriors, Pretoreons, Drones, just all sorts and more will be added including the PredAlien at some point as I've seen it in the trailer.

The game is a 3 player game and it's just right, standard difficulty can be a pain for new players at first till combat rating is upped. The moment you switch from standard onto Intense you face friendly fire which can't be turned off and I'm glad. Intense is the third difficulty setting and it really does kick it up a notch and makes it feel crazy bad ass, especially if you stick a challenge card on.

Weapons, you can get rifles, handguns, machine guns, Shotguns, Snipers, Flamethrowers, Rocket Launchers, grenade launchers. There are just many types of guns to collect.

Advice is look for the Cache in every level, you get 3 drops from it and don't do what I did by spending all your script on attachments when you can spend it on consumables and take turrets in with you that really do help out.

On 14/05/2021 at 11:44, Dave-R said:

Anyone ready for the Xenomorph fight?

It's basically what you would think it'd be, a straight up co op shooter with all sorts of different Xenomorphs. You choose your class and blast your way through level after level.

The one plu about the game is it's not going to be the price of a full retail 60 pound and upgame, ithink it's going to be around 40 pound 

Gameplay vid:

I'm guessing that it'll match you with strangers if you are like me and have no actual friends to play with

19 minutes ago, leemond2008 said:

I'm guessing that it'll match you with strangers if you are like me and have no actual friends to play with

It does match you with strangers yes if you matchmake or can just set to private if have friend or just go with the Synth bits lol.

Xbox though it's easy to find people as you have the clubs and can set posts up asking for certain classes, difficulty, whether you will only take those with a mic and so on. It's fairly easy on xbox to make friends, very sociable. I ended up picking up around 17 new Aliens online buddy's in no time at all you soon gather them.

1 hour ago, leemond2008 said:

I might invest in this tomorrow then, it'll make a nice change from arsing Dead by Daylight constantly

The replayabilty at the moment is leveling the classes, guns and buying everything. Still not played horde yet, prob won't till i have all the classes maxed out.

Once you complete the 4 Acts with each act have 3 missions in you unlock the horde mode and a new class. Also if complete on higher difficultys the missions and horde you unlock more stuff. The idea is to bump the difficulty up slow because the higher the combat rating the stronger you are and it take a while to get the guns and classes leveled up. I think there are about 6 difficulties at the moment.

Supposed to be content DLC coming out this Wednesday..

Edited by Dave-R

Â