Weekends Football 24/26 January

andykeenan

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can’t see that happening for a second. “Liverpool” wouldn’t walk away from the FA Cup to go on holiday.

Klopp is trying to use the Premier League as an excuse - he's got a letter from the Premier league telling Liverpool that they "must respect the winter break" by which I'm guessing they mean "you can't piss off to Saudi and play a friendly for a fortune" and he's saying, well if we can't play those games, then we can't play any games, I've promised the lads a holiday.

It's incredibly disrespectful of the FA Cup and if it happens, Liverpool shouldn't be allowed to enter next year's and he should get as much of a punishment as the FA are able to muster. 

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/11918822/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-kids-will-play-fa-cup-replay-against-shrewsbury

"It means we will not be there. It will be the kids who play that game."

"You cannot deal with us like nobody cares about it. I know it's not very popular but that's the way I see it. The Premier League asked us to respect the winter break. That's what we do. If the FA doesn't respect it we cannot change it. We will not be there."

What a whopper of a man.

• Like 1

Â