Train after Villa match

obanken

Im considering going to Villa-Leeds Friday 13th April with a 19:45 kick-off. I have to get to Manchester after the match, and my question is: Will I be able to reach the 22:30 train from Birmingham New Street?

And if not, surely I will have no problems catching the 23:09 train? Really would like the 22:30 one though as the other one takes 1 hour more with a change of trains in Crewe.

Hope someone can give me some advice on this :) 

You getting the Witton train back to New Street? A cab will definitely get you there. The train will as long as you can beat the crowds

May be worth leaving on 89/90 mins to get the first train, but then you'll never be a true fan :)

Sometimes when you're on them, they seem to sit there for ages but they just let them fill right up before setting off. Thinking about it you know, might be worth double checking the normal post-match trains are running as it's a Friday night.

Not sure how I am getting to New Street :) I dont go to that many games at Villa Park since I dont live in England, so I dont know the best way to get to the station. I will take a taxi if that is the fastest way. But yes, Ideally I do want to sing "Dont look back in anger" after the win instead of rushing to the train :) Do I have time to do that and then taxi for the 22:30 train, or would that be too tight?

You'll be fine going to Witton to New Street15-20 minutes on it just leave few minutes early. Unlikely you'll get a taxi near the ground straight after with traffic.You'll have no problem with 11pm train might be best idea gives you time 

• Thanks 1

Â