Disable Latest Post Sidebar?

Stevo985

Question

Long shot, but is there a way for me to disable the side bar that shows the latest posts, you know like how you can expand/collapse the forum sections?

Pretty much the only thing the sidebar does for me is reveal Game of Thrones Spoilers, so I'd love to hide it from my view.

13 answers to this question

I'd like to remove it altogether. All the functions it provides are done better using the "Activity" link at the top of every page. I've not been able to get people to try it though. As it's a feature I don't use myself I don't want to spend time learning how to use it so I need others to do this.

I don't use it either, and have no reason to ever use it so probably wouldn't use the Activity link either.

I'd happily volunteer to test it though if it meant we could get rid of the sidebar

PS I'm guessing the answer to my question was no? :)

Edited by Stevo985

I don't have an answer to your question as I've not looked into it :)

If you (or anyone) has time to put together some instructions on how to use Activities to replace the latest posts sidebar, that would be great.

3 minutes ago, villakram said:

I don't want to see spoilers! I know, let's go peruse the interwebz <_<

I don't want to see Spoilers. I know, let's not visit a single website until I have caught up on every TV Show I ever want to watch.

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don't want to see Spoilers. I know, let's not visit a single website until I have caught up on every TV Show I ever want to watch.

But it's the internet... are we to change something everytime someone acts like a complete ass online? Changing things in such a fashion can lead to Conservative wet dreams!

Btw... I'm being half serious, half trolling... interwebz!

I wanted to remove it for two reasons.

1. It was broken in that it showed the content of spoilers.
  2. Activities seem to be a much better way to interact with the site if you like your content time line based rather than forum structured.

I might change my mind again :)

• Like 1
Â