Site appearance on laptop

Richard

Question

11 answers to this question

I've seen that before. It's generally happened when the internet connection has gone slow. I think it might be a combination of things - maybe cache/cookies and temprarily slow connection/ the site being in heavy use/ISP throttling or something similar.

In terms of how did I fix it - I did all the usual things. Computer/iPad off  and on. Laptop repair permissions (that's a mac thing, dunno the equivalent PC version). and if at home, reboot the router box.

Usually that and/or just tryng the site again later seems to do the trick. Maybe it's just the connection restoring, maybe it's some or all of the things I do. It happens more often on i.e at work or firefox at home.

• Like 1

Interestingly, it's just done it to me.

Safari is doing it , but Firefox isn't at the mo. I'm on an old Mac at the moment, so the safari browser which I tried specifically to try and help is not up to date - I don't usually use it on this laptop. Clearing its cache did nowt.  Resetting it did nowt. Repairing permissions did nowt. I'll reset the router and report back

Screen shot 2015-11-21 at 16.57.00.pdf

Nope - rebooted router, no different. WIerd. Must be related to crappy old bowser in my instance. Downloaded another old browser - fine. v strange

On 21 November 2015 11:53:03, limpid said:

What are you using to post in this thread?

iPad I have a picture but I see brandy posted something that's the same for me, Firefox, chrome, I explorer all three. Cleared cache restarted rebooted everything. On safari on the pad it's fine. 

Â