Galaxy S5 screen repair/phone replacement

V01

The wife has/had a Galaxy S5. The screen has gone tits up, there's no physical damage to phone/screen but the display is fubar. The top 10-15% displays properly but below that it is black/rainbow shapes. It's covered under the house insurance (might have to search for the receipt) but she is useless with phones, they just don't last as long for her as they do for a normal person. She claims it was "on the way out anyway"  but she's only had it 12 months.

With that in mind would I be better of getting it repaired or buying a new phone?

If I choose to go for a new phone are there any idiot/wife proof phones out there on android? I'd basically be looking for the sturdiness of a 3210 with your basic android features and a touchscreen.

Does anyone know of a mobile phone repair shop in West Brom?

Sending the wife to O2 shop in the next few days to get a price on a repair, don't have it insured with them so I expect they'll probably try to gouge us and then for them to be told to do one.

Really like the of that phone Limpid, tempted to get one for myself.

I've never had a problem with O2 so I'm happy enough to stick with them, saying that I definitely won't be upgrading again. Gonna pick the cheapest tariff I can and buy a handset from now on.

Stuck with Samsung for the missus so it doesn't confuse her by having a slightly different UI. I'm happy enough with my G3.

O2 thought the repair would cost at least £180 and didn't want to do it, home insurance will collect it and repair/replace for £100 excess. hoping it's fubar so I can get her one of those Caterpillar phones to be honest though.

Â