Moore's got Hitz disease ...

bishop-cowans

has Luke done anything to warrant a 'regular' start for Villa ?  

50 members have voted

1. 1. has Luke done anything to warrant a 'regular' start for Villa ?

• no. he looks good but is far from ready to get regular games
    • yes. he's been great
    • you having a laugh ? he's lightweight like his brother

poppycock!

where has the nonsense about Arsenal sniffing around him come from ? has anyone seen the kids Arsenal have already ? that practically got to the cup final last year. i somehow don't think they'll be trying to sign young Luke on his performances in a Villa shirt so far

lol

He had a contract offer for them for christ's sake. That was before he even made a first team appearance for us, it's widely known they've wanted him for ages. We didn't exactly sign Ridge on his first team appearances for West Ham did we? Arsenal's policy is to get as many youth players as they can and then just get rid of the ones they no longer want, they spent millions each year on bringing in youth players. Glad we cleared that up.

That was before he even made a first team appearance for us

Yeah well, a lot of *us* thought he was the new messiah before he made a first team appearance as well. Would Arsenal sign him now? I rather doubt it.

Me? I'd sign him, stick with him, give him a good run of games in our first team next season, alongside Angel (if he wakes up) or someone else yet to be defined. If he shapes up (and I have a feeling he will) great. If not, ship him out.

werent you the person saying lay off carlton cole because hes only 20, even though hes nearly 22?!?

If that's directed at me, Pablo, I don't remember saying anything of the sort. The last thing I said about CC was that his attitude might change when he signs a permanent deal with someone. In any case I can't see the relevance to this thread, but no doubt I'm missing something.

i apologise if it wasnt you, but the relevance was that luke is still very young... he needs to be integrated into the team slowly and have our support...

if by the time hes 22 and not showing any sign of the goods, then we should cut our losses....

i was more getting at the fact that some support cole because hes young and showed promise at an early age, only for that to disappear and still not show any signs of resurfacing when hes nearly 22...

i find the hypocrisy of some villa fans astounding that they will call for our own youth to be chucked while giving others the benefit of their reputation even though, they are at the age that if they havent shown many signs of that reputation, then they more than likely wont....

again, i apologise if that wasnt you who said that about cole.....

(edit- muchas apologias bigjim... it was 1979 who said that... my mistake and i offer my humblest apologies...)

Thanks for checking Pablo, I'm glad it wasn't me :), no need to apologize really, it is hard to keep track of who says what.

Far from calling for our youth to be chucked, I have said I would give him a run of games in the first team, as JG did with Darius. I don't think CC is necessarily a better prospect.

He had a contract offer for them for christ's sake. That was before he even made a first team appearance for us, it's widely known they've wanted him for ages.

what a load of absolute bollocks! some proof if you please ?

we've all heard the rumours and i suspect we all know its bullshit. they probably had him watched once and that turned into 'ooo Arsenal are after him'

yeah right :winkold:

Luke, and Stefan for that matter, would have got much more of a look in if Graham Taylor had stayed. He has a pretty good track record of developing young players. They may well both have flourished, Steven Davis too. However, we would have been in the Championship...

Â