Need to some advice on which email software to use

welnik

Hi,

I'm currently using Windows Live Mail 2011. I really like it because I have the whole family's email accounts set up and it will let you send and receive from any of the accounts. I also like the calendar as I can see it on several different devices and also through a web browser.

The only thing is, it has been discontinued.

Can anyone recommend a good free bit of software which will do the same? I've just ordered a new PC and I know that Windows Live Mail wont work on there.

Cheers

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for software that is not browser based, i.e. the messages from several different accounts/ISP's all come into one bit of software. Can I do that with Google Mail? I need to support POP and to be able to store mail locally on my hard drive so that it can be accessed without an internet connection

Edited by welnik

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking for software that is not browser based, i.e. the messages from several different accounts/ISP's all come into one bit of software. Can I do that with Google Mail?

Yes, you can have it download mails from any account supporting pop3 to your google mail. Much better having it there as you are not prone to personal data loss if your hard-drive breaks. (People tend to forget backups)

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Â