Steve Mandanda to be the next one in?

JohnCresswell

The Official Le Havre website is tonight reporting that Villa are set to make their second signing of the summer - Le Havre goalkeeper Steve Mandanda.

Not having a great knowledge of the French League, we'll have to rely on a few of the French based Villans for more information on this chap I think.

The Le Havre Official Website is reporting the following:

"The goalkeeper of Le Havre, Steve Mandanda, is in advanced contacts with Aston Villa. Coveted by many French Clubs (including Marseille) and foreigners, Steve Mandanda could take the direction of England.

Steve Mandanda has agreed his departing terms with Le Havre and will travel to Birmingham for talks next week"

Have to admit he would be a great signing for us, he's a star in the making.

I've not seen too many matches with him, but on the few occasions I saw him he really impressed me.

He's very highly rated in France and has had all the top french clubs following him. Also Le Havre have a very good goalkeeping academy producing players such as Carlos Idriss Kameni...class 'keeper.

French U-21 coach says he's France's future No1-says it all.

never heard of him but there must be something about him if o'neill is making a move. I'd hope to keep Sorenson though. I think he had his best season in a Villa shirt last season and maybe better to come. Mind you, we have got two derby matches next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

never heard of him but he must be quite highly rated

MON hasn't got the best record with keepers, a couple of the keepers he has stuck with over the years have been pretty poor, but i'd say this is pretty likely to go through due to us releasing two young keepers

i'd definately say if he joins then two keepers will be coming in, with both Taylor and Sorenson leaving.

my moneys on Jaaskelainen with Mandanada on the bench, which doesn't sound too bad (presuming he must be good if we're willing to take a chance on him, and him being internationally recognised).

never heard of him but there must be something about him if o'neill is making a move. I'd hope to keep Sorenson though. I think he had his best season in a Villa shirt last season and maybe better to come. Mind you, we have got two derby matches next season!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no offence but i have to agree with what you said there, he may have had his best year but hes not up to 'top 6' standards its about time were looking for another goalie! :)

Aston Villa are giving a short trial to France Under-21 goalkeeper Steve Mandanda.

The Le Havre player, who joined the French club's academy in 2000 and established himself as a first team regular last season, represented his country in last month's European Under-21 Championships in Holland.

"He'll come in for a couple of days so we can have a look at him and we'll see what happens after that," Villa manager Martin O'Neill told the club's website.

There has been speculation that O'Neill is looking to sign a new keeper with Thomas Sorensen, who has only 12 months left of his contract, not having been offered a new contract.

Clicky

Â