Connecting Flight question

CVByrne

My friend is flying to Kuala Lumpur. He is getting a British airways flight from heathrow that lands in Istanbul @ 22:10. He then gets a Malaysian Airways flight from there to KL @ 00:55

He want to know if he is required to leave the international departure area in Istanbul or is it possible to check in for his 2nd flight at the same time as his 1st one in Heathrow.

Thanks

My friend is flying to Kuala Lumpur. He is getting a British airways flight from heathrow that lands in Istanbul @ 22:10. He then gets a Malaysian Airways flight from there to KL @ 00:55 He want to know if he is required to leave the international departure area in Istanbul or is it possible to check in for his 2nd flight at the same time as his 1st one in Heathrow. Thanks
Malaysian are a one world partner so BA should be able to check him all the way through and his luggage They've done it for me numerous times on "One world " flights at least His boarding card for the second flight may not have a gate number on it but that's about it . No need to clear immigration unless he really wants to :) Edited by tonyh29

As Istanbul airport is some way out of the city centre and you have to pay at the gate for a Visa I would not suggest going though if at all possible and as Tony says your boarding cards will be issued at LHR (or you can print off at home day before etc) - check in online should be available 24 hours in advance 

Â