Egyptian Football Association dissolved -- the impact?

Marka Ragnos

Very sad last year to see the Egyptian Football Association dissolved due to violence. I don't think the authorities had much choice, but you have to feel for the young Egyptians who dream of the pitch.

Now, with the country seemingly on the verge of civil war, it seems that Egyptian football may be gone for many years to come. I saw this story recently, and it makes you realize how much the game is loved in this incredibly populous nation (84 million souls), despite its many political problems.

Anyone have any thoughts on Egyptian football?

Wow, just noticed this.

I suppose with todays media coverage of other leagues it is not as bad as it could have been but its still a sad case of affairs.

Surely it has just been suspended though?

Wow, just noticed this.

I suppose with todays media coverage of other leagues it is not as bad as it could have been but its still a sad case of affairs.

Surely it has just been suspended though?

I guess much depends on whether or not a civil war ensues in Egypt. If so, obviously, could be years before we see Egyptian football. The reason I did the topic is because they've actually had some really good players come from their system. No, they're not Brazil, but for African systems, they've done pretty well.

Â