MacBook Pro/Air Users

Pilchard

I currently have one of the later white macbook models. Looking to upgrade to either the 13" Pro (not retina), or 13" Air. 

The current pro has obviously been out for a while now and I'm trying to wait for the refresh - as it's overdue and I'd be mightly annoyed at buying one and then a new model being out shortly after - but I keep looking at the Air and thinking about ending the wait and getting one of these - particularly like the idea of the SSD.

All my music and media is stored on an external USB drive so the extra storage on a Pro isn't particuarly needed. I'll be using it for web development, Xcode, Adobe Suite and of course Football Manager. So my question is to the Air users - how do you find these on yours if you use them? Is it fast enough, or should I just be patient and wait for an updated Pro?

• 2 weeks later...

This won't help at all, but I use a 13" Pro for work and it copes with most of what I throw at it.  The Mrs uses an Air, but mostly it's internet and casual use so hard to say what it'd be like for something heavy like FM.  I've played FM on the Pro, though, and it handles it fine.

Handy tip, though, is that the Air was a reconditioned one direct from Apple.  If it wasn't for the packaging you'd never know and it saved a couple of hundred quid of the regular price.

I use my air for casual stuff and on the road use. I have CS6 on it but don't use it on the air that heavily, it has no problems though. I have a 2011 air 11" and it's super fast. I imagine it'd run FM sweet too. The web development and xcode I can't really help with. I use airplay on mine too, beam stuff to watch onto the big screen. Saves streaming games via the mac pro with it's fan noise. Of course the Air has fan noise at times but nowhere near as noticeable!

Â