Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

We don't want any more prima donnas - had enough of those over the years

Yes we do need a few! Just the right ones.

Being an ass and a bad footballer is suicide, but we need a player the other teams could hate a bit.

Look at Villa, does anyone really hate us? No, and that's a bad thing.

Basically it's because we don't do any harm and don't possess a threat.....

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we're in any position to attract really world class players at the moment, the likes of Spurs and Everton don't do it (fair enough Berbatov but he wasn't that well known by people in England). We can still scout in England though and build our squad that away without spending too much.

I'd happily have Distin and Sidwell, also get Milner in as he's cheaper and better than SWP and we need more cover on the right. Can't think of a RB so maybe MON can find one from abroad.

Need someone who can score goals alongside Carew, Mpenza had a decent pedigree and was playing in Qatar and has scored 2 in 2 for Man. City so wouldn't mind someone like Alex Frei as Dortmund look like they're going down. Of course this is where we could make a statement of intent and sign someone for big money so Darren Bent fits the bill.

Guest VillaFan1

Malouda you can forget straight away i agree he,l go arsenal or real madrid it,l be a top champions league side either way.

This fair play thing we have been entered into i hope to god we dont get into europe that way as we,l be strate back out.

Not good enough for europe in my opinion and if big changfes arn,t made then we,l be right where we are next season to.

Then again i,d worry about this season first and make sure we win tomorrow or it,l hello championship next year.

Villa released the prices for the season tickets recently i,d like to see them charge that for championship football :lol:

Yeah I don't want Europe either, we are not built for it at all. The squad is too little and the knowledge is not there at all. You just don't walk into Europe thinking you

can conquer it and still fight in the league. I don't want us to surrender in the league one year just to reach the QF in the Uefa and lose out to some Austrian team.

We need those signings, that one excellent season, that 20 goals poacher and a lot of winning mentality. Then, perhaps we can challenge for Europe

3) Danny Murphy

People have been saying "if he's not good enough for Man Utd than he is not good enough for Villa",

I think it's weird that a player far behind in the pecking order at Spurs can be seen as a huge step up for Villa. Please do explain

Guest VillaFan1
Yeah I don't want Europe either, we are not built for it at all. The squad is too little and the knowledge is not there at all. You just don't walk into Europe thinking you

can conquer it and still fight in the league. I don't want us to surrender in the league one year just to reach the QF in the Uefa and lose out to some Austrian team.

We need those signings, that one excellent season, that 20 goals poacher and a lot of winning mentality. Then, perhaps we can challenge for Europe

Agreed ! Europe would destroy us it really would as i think a lot of the focus would go into that and then we,d end up in the shit in the league.

It,l take some workd to bring in CL or UEFA cup players as they dont want to come to a struggling club thats hanging above the drop.

And as for people questioning Danny Murphy yeah hes down the pecking order at spurs well check out his pass percentage completed !

Its only one of the best in the prem !

And if you look at the villa side we certainly are notpassing the ball around were just hoofin it anywhere playing the long ball shit.

So yeah danny murphy might be a good signing !

I have been watching Spurs vs. Reading for 45 minutes and Steve Sidwell has been very poor. Just when he looked to sneak out of it he missed a sitter from 12 yards out. Certainly not judging only after one game, I have seen him lots this season, he just doesn't seem to be what we should be looking at.

well you are judging him on one game really :lol:

hes been a quality player this season, this is why hes been linked with the likes of chelsea and arsenal etc

certainly good enough to help us go forward

as i've said before we need 4 quality centre midfielders

petrov - im sure will prove an excellent player

mccann - does a job, but for a team chellenging sixth place, probably isn't good enough

davis - hes not good enough to start IMO, but he has a bright future i think he has to go somewhere else where he will get regular football if he is to progress

gardner - hasn't shown at all that hes good enough for the premiership, the tottenham game sticks out in my mind, he couldn't string a pass together

osbourne - looks promising at times, some games has looked as though he could become a real player, sometimes looks very average, needs to be loaned out

so sidwell would certainly be a good signing, hes showed more than enough in the past 2 or 3 seasons to show he has the potential to be a real player, and is good enough to start for us at the moment, so if only to build the squad he would improve our squad greatly (though he would certainly play regularly for us unless we bring someone else in as well)

Guest VillaFan1

LOL Defoe is crap certainly not international quality has some good skills n flicks but my god he couldnt hit a barn door if he tried :lol:

Guest VillaFan1

Arg quality player reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo a great player but his diving to the ground antics let him down :lol:

Yet when he does it he,s clever enough to not get caught as he,s got so many pens this season through diving.

Nene is quality and i,d like him at VP but obviously the diving would have to stop.

can conquer it

Yeah, Just like 1982! We wouldn't want that would we? :)

James Milner has shown this season that he is a bit-part player and I don't really think he is all that.

We need better players than him as we have Ash Young already in the exact same mould.

I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you, Rocafella, but who would you like to see on Villa's right next season? Young or a newcomer?

If he's as good as some people make him out to be - Shaun Maloney!