US Villa fan from Jacksonville, FL

Have to admit, I've only been a fan of the Villa since 2011. What a year to start supporting, eh? Mc(attacking)Leish and his tactics definitely made for a rough first year, and I got to wondering what on Earth it is that made me support them anyways? I can't really give you a definitive answer, but I do know that the second I came to love football, I decided that when I came upon a club to support, it wouldn't be one of the same top clubs that so many Americans love to wagon (United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, City, Barca, Bayern, etc.) because to me, the true enjoyment of the Premier League (and all football leagues, truly) is the battle at the bottom; the vicious, no-holds-barred fight to retain your status as one of England's top flight clubs. It is an element that I think is missing from American sports (which I love, no doubt); the idea that being in the best league in your country is not a right, but a priviledge. And in that respect, I certainly have not been disappointed with Villa from an entertainment perspective this season... for better or worse! I'm not sure how much more of this roller-coaster ride my heart can take, but I'll be here every step of the way. UTV