Toronto and New York

regular_john

The girlfriend and I will be going to Toronto and New York in the summer, spending a week in each. As it's the first time I've been to North America, and probably the only chance I'll get for the next five years, I want to make sure it's an awesome trip.

So, with that in mind, to the VTers out there that have spent any time in either, what do you recommend?

Obviously we'll be doing some of the touristy stuff (CN tower, ground zero, Niagara falls etc.) but we'd also like to see some of the crazy, off the beaten path kind of stuff that makes for amazing holiday memories.

Any tips?

TSV posted an excellent run-down of New York in a thread I started a couple of weeks ago. I should have thanked him but I completely forgot... :oops:

• 1 month later...

Toronto is a really nice city. Centre Island is cool to bike around on a nice day, get to Kensington market and the Chinese quarter for some really nice (cheap) food. Couple of nice beer bars and breweries knocking around if you are into that too.

How are you traveling from Toronto to NY? I live in between the two so could give you some better recommendations if you are doing the drive.

A walk down Young street is fantastic if you want to do a bit of a crawl of the pubs and to see downtown Toronto. Eaton centre for some shopping (dont be surprised by out rip off prices and make sure to add 13% to the price tag :lol: ) Distillery District is a nice area for some arts/culture and pubs :).

When you go down to see the Falls I suggest hitting up The Keg, its a steakhouse restaurant that overlooks the falls. Its a bit pricier but its worth it IMO as the food is always spot on and the view is stunning. Big wine making district around the area as well (if your driving).

Â