Christmas and New Year abroad

Dante_Lockhart

Looking at booking Florida for 1 week (20th-27th Dec) with the park passes, staying on Int' Drive, and then New York for 1 week (28th Dec - 3rd January) staying at the Plaza in Times Square.

So far me and the missus are looking at a price of £4200 for the both of us. Obviously flights and room only basis. Something I've never done (gone away for Xmas/NY OR gone to America) so really I'm looking for any advice people have for either.

How is America during these times and what kind of spending money should I be looking at?

• 4 weeks later...

I've done the same this year for the first time ever (although Florida, not the Maldives - leaving 23 Dec, back 7 Jan). Getting away from family hassles (both our parents are divorced, so we get pulled in 4 directions and lots of politics over where we go on Christmas Day etc etc). Absolutely can't wait.

I did the Florida/ NY holiday about 10 years ago (although in the summer, not over Christmas) and it was great - a good mix of relaxing, theme parks, warm weather and shopping, sightseeing, nights out. Hope you enjoy it!

Â