Tributes-silent, noisy or not at all?

thetrees

Thing is though about the game being called off at Swansea, what about those of us who had forked out probably £60 in petrol to go -and others who had gone for the weekend? Would the clubs have refunded that? (I'm not meaning to be insensitive here, just making a point)

valid point, but did you still feel like watching a game on the back of that news

Exactly. Speed's death, for WHATEVER reason had a clear and strong impact on many people up and down the country, i don't see a minutes silence/applause as being out of place at all.

Besides which, who really cares that much? If you feel nothing personally, just go along with it out of respect for those that do. It's 1 minute out of your life, get over yourself you whinging bastards ( :winkold: )

the original message was about inconsistency and confusion that surrounds 'celebrations' of passings, and the fact that supporters are required to take part on not be, but multiple occasions.

My personal view is that the whole Gary Speed reaction is completely OTT, and sums up the Diana-syndrome of our nation. It's a shame, but lots of 42 year olds died that week. Also lots of kids died in Birmingham Children's Hospital, other hospitals round the country, and various war zones around the world.

I am sorry for his family, as I am with all people who are left behind, but leave them to grieve.

Thing is though about the game being called off at Swansea, what about those of us who had forked out probably £60 in petrol to go -and others who had gone for the weekend? Would the clubs have refunded that? (I'm not meaning to be insensitive here, just making a point)

valid point, but did you still feel like watching a game on the back of that news

Yeah, I couldn't give that much of a shit. I was looking forward to the game, pity it was dull as hell.

Â