Mature Student

donnie

"Mature student" is (like "military intelligence") a contradiction in terms.

Seriously though, I have a friend who's a recently qualified radiographer. If you'd like me to put you in touch with him, PM me.

Previous thread i said how i wasnt liking job, so got me thinking about going back to uni to do something i might enjoy.

Was thinking Radiography...course funded by nhs so no fees, sounds intresting and I have the grades to get on course. Sure with nhs cuts course wont be funded for to much longer either.

Anyone gone back as a mature student?? Id be 27 by time i get on course, have no major bills, so money only a minor issue.

If all goes well I'll be graduating at the age of 27, and that's without ever having held down a full-time job other than serving my military conscription.

• 2 months later...

UPDATE: Had a 2 day experience at Dudley road hospital in the radiography department and absolutely loved it! can see it can be stressful, but seems much more stimulating then working in an office...still concerned if my chances of employment after graduation will be challenging if 30 year's old by time i finish so thats only concern i need to research further before enrolling.

"Mature student" is (like "military intelligence") a contradiction in terms.

Seriously though, I have a friend who's a recently qualified radiographer. If you'd like me to put you in touch with him, PM me.

Thank you mate...How old is your friend as a recently qualified radiographer then?? Just concerend with age after graduating, cause no matter how much its tried to be glossed over, in other sectors no way is a 30 year old going to get a grad job over a 22 year old...however not sure if its the same for the healthcare sector??

Â