XBox HD help please.

wiggyrichard

Right guys, at the moment ive got these leads...

Xbox_360_cable_avance.jpg

...connected into my TV and the back of the XBox.

Ive set my console to run at 720 or 1080p (cant remeber which), am i playing in HD or do i need a HDMI lead between the console & TV?

Cheers,

Wiggster

Watching some of those previews like the BF3 one i posted in the thread. My picture looks nowhere near as good as that!?

Im guessing they may well be PC gamers?

The dashboard is the easiest way to tell, run it in normal then switch to HD, in HD all the menus on the dashboard that say things like game library, video, pictures, music and whatever else will be really clear outlines. I don't notice too much of a difference in game though.

Plus, if you find display settings on the dashboard it will tell you what you're playing in, it might need switching over to 1080 if it hasn't done it automatically.

Watching some of those previews like the BF3 one i posted in the thread. My picture looks nowhere near as good as that!?

Im guessing they may well be PC gamers?

The dashboard is the easiest way to tell, run it in normal then switch to HD, in HD all the menus on the dashboard that say things like game library, video, pictures, music and whatever else will be really clear outlines. I don't notice too much of a difference in game though.

Plus, if you find display settings on the dashboard it will tell you what you're playing in, it might need switching over to 1080 if it hasn't done it automatically.

Cheers mate, ive done that and set it to 720p (because not many games run at 1080p im led to believe). I know what you mean about the dashboard, looks loads better. I ment the Youtube videos you see, they look loads better than my console/TV, are they usually PC footage?

Â