Salou and Port Aventura

kingphil

Hi peeps - Not too sure how much viewing threads in this topic get, but thought I best stick to the rules and stick it in here.

As the title says, I'm off to Salou mid August with the wife and my 6 year old daughter. I also have a 14 days unlimited pass for the Port Aventura theme park (as our hotel is just 5 mins away).

I'm just after some feedback from anyone that may have gone either earlier this year, or last year about the resort, theme park and other ideas of what to see and do.

Questions I have is what time is best to go to the Theme Park - get there early and then leave when it gets hot and crowded, or plan to arrive late afternoon ? The first week I am there, it's open until midnight - Is it worth staying that late for shows/fireworks - or best to give it a miss.

Also, I'm not just planning on the Theme Park, I want to have a look around the resort as well - Are the beaches worth visiting, what is Salou town like ?

Finally, what other activities should I be planning - I would love to go to Barcelona, but not sure my 6 year old daughter would enjoy the train ride, and then want to do the things I would want to do.

Cheers

Been to Salou and it's a pretty standard Brits abroad resort from what I remember. Decent beachs IIRC and everything, I spent most of my time drinking to tell the truth.
Was in Salou last year on another short break. TBF there are not many British Bars and the like these days, it's actually a decent resort. A couple of very nice beaches and some cracking restaurants.

Family friendly places certainly

Â