Dubai - in early July

R.I.C.O.

Hi all

I've decided to spend a few nights in Dubai at the beginning of next month, to have a look around and possibly go to some of the other UAE cities like Abu Dhabi and Al Ain. I've never been to the gulf before, and although it is going to be an inferno of heat, I don't care! (I'm not that adverse to heat anyway).

I'm pretty clued up on what to go and see whilst I'm there and have found a great hotel near to one of the metro stations, so transport is sorted.

However, being (unfortunately) a single man I've heard horror stories about the nightlife there. Is it true that every club only allows couples in? Or is this an urban myth? I've been reading about some of the more swankier places being very strict on this (the sorts of places I probably wouldnt go to anyway), but does this apply across the board? Although I like meeting people I'm not sure I want to bribe some silly slapper so that I can walk in with her, I'm not that desperate!!!

Failing that, is there any decent bars to go to? Has anyone been to Dubai on their own before, and is it safe? Some of the Brit expat bars have been recommended to me, are they as strict as the clubs?

I suppose if all else fails I could always just get pissed in my hotel room watching Saudi TV.... :o

Been with work by myself and it was fine. No probs with bars or anything like that.

Yes July will be warm and beer aint that cheap - enjoy

p.s. go to the Ski slope very surreal

Dubai is not that strict unless you go out of your way to flaunt the law , i.e have sex on the beach as that couple did

The swanky /pretentious nightclubs you may find the doorman will enforce a couples only policy , but unless you are Russian Mafia I doubt you can afford to go in them anyway

Not been clubbing when I've been in Dubai as only been with the family but I meet a few yanks in Djibouti who work on the transport ships and they are often in Dubai and go out and hit the town , they mentioned a place called Cyclone as a pick up joint they used and also the Kasbaa Royal Mirage Hotel ... but i can't vouch for either

and yeah pack your factor 30000 for July

Â