Trip to England (April 22-may 9 2011)

Peever

Well I have been having some technical issues with my account on here but after messing about with my internet settings I am finally able to log back on here! As some may have know I was planning on heading across the pond to see England but most importantly Aston Villa FC.

A bit of what happened before my trip as well. My mate, a life long Brighton & Hove Albion supporter was the one who helped encourage me to go to England and see the Villa. Back in January while he and I were out for a pint he had an aneurysm and passed away 5 days later. One thing he always told me was while in England I should see as much football as possible. So after this I changed my trip around a bit and designed it around football matches.

Day1- Was debating heading to central London to see Big Ben and all that but after talking to some people and them telling me how crazy it was around there due to the wedding I decided against it. Checked out the football matches that day in London and ended up going to see Leyton Orient v Peterbourgh

Leyton006.jpg

Leyton019-1.jpg

Leyton020.jpg

Day 2-4 Birmingham bound that morning for my first Aston Villa experience v Stoke City. Mate from Avillafan forum met me at New Street and took me on a quick tour of Birmingham. Got to see Villa Park first of course and eventually the sty (what a shit hole)

DSC00041.jpg

Meet up from the Avilla forum for my arrival.

DSC00054.jpg

We aren't allowed to show pictures where copyright is the property of the FA PL

View from seat in K4

DSC00052.jpg

Day after the match met a friend in Coventry and we went off to Warwick castle. Fantastic day out, was a bit cooler so didnt sweat my nuts off.

DSC00090.jpg

DSC00098.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

Day 4/5 York

Got to meet up with a friend of mine in York and she showed me around which was fantastic. Beautiful weather as well.

DSC00148.jpg

DSC00151.jpg

DSC00159.jpg

Day 5 Spent the night in Manchester, was supposed to meet up with someone but couldnt make it last minute.

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00180.jpg

DSC00191.jpg

Day 6/7 Met up with a mate in Preston and we end to Sheffield the day after.

DSC00207.jpg

Preston North End Ground

DSC00196.jpg

When was the last time we played PNE? This was in the bathroom at a Weatherspoons

DSC00215.jpg

DSC00218.jpg

8/9 Spent 2 nights in Brighton and got to see their last match at Withdean against Huddersfield. Got to see their new stadium as well.

DSC00234.jpg

DSC00237.jpg

DSC00245.jpg

DSC00243.jpg

DSC00262.jpg

DSC00291.jpg

Day 10/11 Spent 2 nights in Plymouth to see their match v Southampton

DSC00307.jpg

DSC00309.jpg

Southampton clinched promotion with a win and plenty of their supporters were mixed in with Plymouth Argyle supporters. Kicked off a few times as the supporters were figured out.

DSC00311.jpg

Day 12/13 Spent 2 nights in Liverpool and got to meet up with some friends I worked with in Florida.

DSC00325.jpg

DSC00339.jpg

DSC00347.jpg

DSC00354.jpg

2nd day I was supposed to meet up with a friend but she had to cancel last minute. Manchester United was playing Schalke in the CL semi final that night and I looked and their still was a few tickets left. Purchased and off I went!

We aren't allowed to show pictures where copyright is the property of EUFA

We aren't allowed to show pictures where copyright is the property of EUFA

Right next to the away supporters.

Day 14/15/16 Spent last few nights in Birmingham. Went on the stadium tour at Villa park. Great afternoon that was. Even got to meet Allan Evans on the tour!

DSC00386.jpg

DSC00394.jpg

DSC00400.jpg

DSC00393.jpg

DSC00410.jpg

DSC00434.jpg

FInal day Aston Villa V Wigan. Another fantastic day out at the addies and Villa Park. This trip was simply one of the greatest things I have ever experienced. I am already itching to go back and see the Villa.

Awesome mate, just awesome. You truly made the most out of a trip to England.

Great that you managed to get so many games in, just a shame you didn't get to see Villa win.

Yeah well it was really only made possible from the rail pass I was able to purchase. Its for tourists coming to the country and it was $400 (250 pound) for 15 days unlimited rail use. I simply got to hop on and off the trains as I pleased and it worked as my ticket. Figure the trains I took would have cost me roughly $1200 (700 pound) so I saved a bundle! Also for someone who lives an 8 hour drive from any other Canadian city hoping on the train for 5 1/2 hours was nothing :D . Yes it was a bit of a let down, but at the same time I still enjoyed every minute. Have to keep in mind their is nothing even close to what I got to experience atmosphere wise here in Canada. So just having that was amazing! Though Wigan game the Holte was a bit quiet.

Addicting following the Villa though. TUcked away in my mind is a master plan to move to England for a year and follow the Villa. Few years away but something i can see myself doing :D

Â