Preview : Oxford United v Aston Villa

BOF

This evening, a Villa team with an average age of less than 18½ will take on Oxford United in a pre-season friendly at the Kassam Stadium.

The match kicks off at 19:45.

Alongside the more regular reigning reserve Champions will be younger players such as the Dubliner Daniel Devine, Welsh youngster Tomos Roberts (both defenders) and English midfielder Daniel Bradley. It will also be another chance for highly rated youngster Gary Gardner to impress. The oldest man on the team will be 20 year old pensioner Adam McGurk. It also sees the return of Peace Cup heroes Chris Herd and Shane Lowry fresh from their exploits in Spain.

Tickets for the match are £17 for adults, £13 for students, £10 for U16's & Over 65's while under 7's go free.

Starting 11 is Parish, Herd, Devine, Lowry, Roberts, Bradley, Hofbauer, G.Gardner, A.Stieber, Collins, McGurk

Subs are Blythe, B.Siegrist, Lampkin, Dyer, Poyser, Carruthers, Berry, Grocott & Simmonds

I suppose given our success in the Peace Cup, it has turned into that, but officially no it is a Villa game.

Interesting fact. Daniel Devine played for the same schoolboy club in Dublin as Robbie Keane. Crumlin FC.

Collins and McGurk are a pretty good front two, Parsih is decent and Bradley and Gardner can both play a bit, it's not the worst reserve side in history, this should be a good challenge for them.

None of the U21's feature I notice, so I guess they'll only get one pre-season game before the big kick off.

Â