Am I really on my own? Reflection

LancsVillan

Now that everyone has voiced their opinion here, can we all calm down? The reality of the situation is this. Yes, we have lost fourth place to a excellent Arsenal team which their manager invested in a world class player in January and who is now starting to make them tick. We, needing a new left back, at least one quality midfielder and at least two quality forwards in January, purchased a striker who doesn't score goals, to replace Carew, who is one of our few goal threats, but is however, injury prone!

Furthermore, we have been playing Gabby, who has obviously been knackered for quite some time and as a consequence, his confidence has suffered.

We also have a manager at the moment who has made some very bizzare tatical decisions in our game against Spurs, which left a lot of head scratching on and of the pitch on Sunday. Does that now make him a bad manager?

I think before we continue to hit the panic button, we should look at the teams we play after the Liverpool and United games.

Yes mistakes have been made, but lets get behind the team and manager and we can all go out and get pissed at the end of the season with a CL place, or, sit in front of our computer's and have a good old inquest as to why we have only qualified for the UEFA Cup! I mean folks, really?

I think fans need to exert energy in getting behind the club for now, there are still a potential 27 points to be taken, morale is low and some fans getting on the backs of players and the manager is not going to help, when has it ever helped? All thats going to be achieved by this course of action is to continue to feed the lack of belief thats currently evident on the playing field. Judgement can only be passed on the final kick of the season, then we can analyse the final points accumilated. We need to improve on last years points total thats what was set out to be achieved at the start of the campaign and will stand until the five year plan has run its course. Its fair to say that if we continue to improve we will reach Champions league status within the next two years. Its is quite evident that money alone will not get you to this plateua the real secret lies in the quality of Manager at the Healm. Do not underestimate MON. I see a cheeky result coming mark my words.

As far as im concerned this season is a success even if we finish 6th! I could never have imagined us pushing for champions league spot but we have and shown how well we can play with the smallest squad in the top four. I think there is far to much negativity from fans they should all be proud off how far we have come it wasnt that long ago when we were finishing 16th!! Plus we are not out of the race for fourth spot yet,it only takes one good result and we will be off and running again. :flag:

Â