Android device - Duplicate photos with different file names - Solution?

T-Dog

Anyone know if it's possible to sort photos, or delete photos, based on them being duplicate on an Android device?

For example - I have and album, lots of photos, some I know are duplicates, exactly the same photo, but different file names. Is there a way to identify and delete the dupes?

Thank you legends x

27 minutes ago, T-Dog said:

Anyone know if it's possible to sort photos, or delete photos, based on them being duplicate on an Android device?

For example - I have and album, lots of photos, some I know are duplicates, exactly the same photo, but different file names. Is there a way to identify and delete the dupes?

Thank you legends x

Are your photos stored in Google Photos or on the device waiting to be lost? It has automatic modes from removing junk and duplicates. (Photo Stacks)

18 minutes ago, limpid said:

Are your photos stored in Google Photos or on the device waiting to be lost? It has automatic modes from removing junk and duplicates. (Photo Stacks)

think both - I think they're syncing - for the task in hand I'd rather not sync to cloud if I can, I'd just rather be able to pick an app up that knows when two photos are exactly the same. 

Thanks limpid sir.

9 hours ago, T-Dog said:

think both - I think they're syncing - for the task in hand I'd rather not sync to cloud if I can, I'd just rather be able to pick an app up that knows when two photos are exactly the same. 

Thanks limpid sir.

Check your phone apps are up to date and try Photo Stack (it's rolling out at the moment.

You mind find this kind of job easier on a big screen at photos.google.com.

• Like 1

Â