Errors connecting to sites

kurtsimonw

Bit of a reach that someone could help with this, but I live in hope..

I was with Virgin Media, changed to Vodafone who messed about and delayed my installing by months, so went back to Virgin Media. Snce doing that I keep getting the below notification on many websites. The weirdest part, I also get this on my phone when NOT connected to my WiFi, which was not the case before the new Virgin router was sent to me.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I get similar errors on multiple browsers on both laptop and phone.

image.png.da483195ebee8ad94bb34ecd69e26621.png

Edited by kurtsimonw

I don't think that you are getting Windows errors from your phone, but what did Windows Network Diagnostics suggest?

If it's happening on different devices and different networks I don't see how it can be anything other than the sites or their delivery networks. Is yourbroadband provided by your mobile network? If so, it's their DNS. Try changing your DNS servers to 8.8.8.8

8 hours ago, limpid said:

I don't think that you are getting Windows errors from your phone, but what did Windows Network Diagnostics suggest?

If it's happening on different devices and different networks I don't see how it can be anything other than the sites or their delivery networks. Is yourbroadband provided by your mobile network? If so, it's their DNS. Try changing your DNS servers to 8.8.8.8

I just get "Troubleshooting could not identify the problem".

The sites themselves are fine, other people can get on to them and I had someone send me the Tor browser installer, and the sites work on there - but the browser itself isn't particularly usable.

My broadband is Virgin Media and my phone is Vodafone, I think.

22 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I just get "Troubleshooting could not identify the problem".

The sites themselves are fine, other people can get on to them and I had someone send me the Tor browser installer, and the sites work on there - but the browser itself isn't particularly usable.

My broadband is Virgin Media and my phone is Vodafone, I think.

Same VPN on both?

And please never install software that someone sends you.

1 minute ago, limpid said:

Same VPN on both?

And please never install software that someone sends you.

I don't have a VPN.

It was a tusted person, and I couldn't get the installer myself as Tor's website is one that shows up with the error above.

10 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I don't have a VPN.

It was a tusted person, and I couldn't get the installer myself as Tor's website is one that shows up with the error above.

Are they both work devices?

9 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Nah, both personal. 

Either it's just a coincidence, or you've installed something on both devices which is intercepting your internet traffic. I don't know what that might be.

19 minutes ago, limpid said:

Either it's just a coincidence, or you've installed something on both devices which is intercepting your internet traffic. I don't know what that might be.

It's odd that this Tor browser does work, not sure of the relevance, but it is a shit browser.

14 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's odd that this Tor browser does work, not sure of the relevance, but it is a shit browser.

Not really. The Tor browser will be accessing the internet without using anything locally installed on your devices. It's designed to be secure and private., not to have bells and whistles.

It pretty much confirms it's something that you've installed on your devices though.

15 hours ago, limpid said:

Not really. The Tor browser will be accessing the internet without using anything locally installed on your devices. It's designed to be secure and private., not to have bells and whistles.

It pretty much confirms it's something that you've installed on your devices though.

Do you think resetting both devices is likely to fix the issue then?

15 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Do you think resetting both devices is likely to fix the issue then?

I don't know. Have you installed anything on both devices?

1 hour ago, limpid said:

I don't know. Have you installed anything on both devices?

I've visited my parents today. 

My laptop and phone work fine on their WiFi. Very odd. 

I'm really confused by this. 

Â