Facebook Messenger broadcasting

mjmooney

FB apparently introduced this function in October, and it looks useful. 

However, I find their descriptions of how it works somewhat unclear. It suggests that it is aimed at businesses - for marketing, for example, and talks about 'page managers', etc. 

I'd like to use it just for personal messages. I have a birthday party coming up, and I want to send out invitations to a bunch of contacts, without having to do it laboriously, one at a  time. Many of them I have phone numbers for, and can use WhatsApp's broadcast function, which works fine. But there are several others whom I can only contact via FB Messenger, and I was hoping it would work in a similar way to WhatsApp, but it seems this may not be the case. 

Has anybody here tried using it? 

I don't think you can use it for personal 

If I click on the messenger icon for my personal account , i get the usual FB messenger  chat 

where I've had to create a page rather than profile ( a travel thing i do)  , then I get a completely different  Messenger page (see image below) when I click that same icon 

I think the easiest way is to create an event and then invite people via FB ... if they accept they stay in the group and can see further notifications , if they decline then it removes them from further communication and won't clutter their in box    (click on the F logo top left of the screen  .. see more ... Events  ) 

image.thumb.png.ef0fd3bd163ccc11e77362751546d228.png

Edited by tonyh29
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I think the easiest way is to create an event and then invite people via FB ... if they accept they stay in the group and can see further notifications , if they decline then it removes them from further communication and won't clutter their in box    (click on the F logo top left of the screen  .. see more ... Events  ) 

image.thumb.png.ef0fd3bd163ccc11e77362751546d228.png

Yeah, I thought that would probably be the best way, although I was trying to minimise the amount of 'signing up' I was asking people to do. Will probably go down that route, anyway. 

Â