Ireland Villa Fans

DJBOB

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Didn't realize I would be in a wedding in Dublin for the Newcastle match.

There a supporters group or a Villa pub to watch at?

They used to meet at Buskers though havent been since the Championship days

I warn you its an expensive shithole 😝

As far as I know, they are still in Buskers on the Ball. It's the downstairs sports bar in Buskers in Templebar.

Google Map link (might be side entrace too).

It'll be fairly pricey, but the atmosphere should be good.

But if you can't or don't want to be there, it's the only Premier League game on at that time so it'll be shown in many many other pubs around the city.

On 31/07/2023 at 13:42, Zatman said:

They used to meet at Buskers though havent been since the Championship days

I warn you its an expensive shithole 😝

39 minutes ago, BOF said:

As far as I know, they are still in Buskers on the Ball. It's the downstairs sports bar in Buskers in Templebar.

Google Map link (might be side entrace too).

It'll be fairly pricey, but the atmosphere should be good.

But if you can't or don't want to be there, it's the only Premier League game on at that time so it'll be shown in many many other pubs around the city.

Cheers, I’ll check out Buskers if I can get around. 

Think they’ve moved to the woolshed? Big sports bar, not in the nicest of spots but bouncers on the door so you should be grand! 

edit found the pic I saw last week which confirms new venue 

IMG_8703.jpeg

Edited by Dirtysanchez
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Think they’ve moved to the woolshed? Big sports bar, not in the nicest of spots but bouncers on the door so you should be grand! 

edit found the pic I saw last week which confirms new venue 

IMG_8703.jpeg

Its definitely an upgrade on Buskers 

16 hours ago, Dirtysanchez said:

For sure, just the area where the woolshed is wouldn’t be my cup of tea. Given it’s a 530pm ko every pub will be showing it anyway. 

Cheers, any other pubs near Trinity hotel that would be a good place to go? Woolshed doesn’t look far but want to stay within a quick walk in case I need to run back to help with the kids. 

Shouldn’t be any problems wearing Villa gear?

Edited by DJBOB

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

Cheers, any other pubs near Trinity hotel that would be a good place to go? Woolshed doesn’t look far but want to stay within a quick walk in case I need to run back to help with the kids. 

Doyle’s pub is very close to your hotel and is a good spot, absolutely no issue with colours in Ireland, wear what ya like! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Dirtysanchez said:

Doyle’s pub is very close to your hotel and is a good spot, absolutely no issue with colours in Ireland, wear what ya like! 

Once I got chased by a bluenose on Harcourt Street , luckily he was too hammered to catch up

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DJBOB said:

If its on Sky it will be on in about 95% of pubs, only way it wont be on is if a big Rugby or GAA match is on or the bar has no TV. You be fine with the Villa gear on as well

• Like 1

Just now, Dirtysanchez said:

You got unlucky then! In general I would say absolutely no issues wearing colours in Dublin City. 

It was one time in 30 odd years living there 

Â