Embedded youtubes

blandy

Question

iPad, latest iOS version. Safari. Every embedded YouTube now shows as one of those captcha things instead.  Cleared all website data. Still the same. Completing the captcha just brings up a new one.

YouTube app and YouTube webpages are fine, logged in or out.

Using Edge browser also fine.

18C61C29-943E-40F6-8A79-EF1D33E547C2.png

6 answers to this question

3 hours ago, blandy said:

I went to another site with embedded YouTubes and that was fine. Came back to VT and it’s fine, now too.

I love it when a problem fixes itself. :mrgreen: The description suggests a cache problem, so whatever you are doing to clear cookies and cache is probably not clearing everything. Was it happening on your phone too?

6 hours ago, limpid said:

I love it when a problem fixes itself. :mrgreen: The description suggests a cache problem, so whatever you are doing to clear cookies and cache is probably not clearing everything. Was it happening on your phone too?

I didn't have the opportunity to check on the phone or a computer, at the time. It wasn't (IMO) a cache problem - clearing it out made no odds, and it clears everything out completely. It was odd, and I suspect it was something related to Youtube for a few minutes thinking there was something odd from my ip address - maybe down to the router or ISP or whatever. I'm not an expert, mind, bit I'm not completely unaware of how it works as softies and others explained it all to me, patiently, at work a while back and I drew and wrote it all down.

I posted it in case anyone else was having the same issues.

1 minute ago, blandy said:

I didn't have the opportunity to check on the phone or a computer, at the time. It wasn't (IMO) a cache problem - clearing it out made no odds, and it clears everything out completely. It was odd, and I suspect it was something related to Youtube for a few minutes thinking there was something odd from my ip address - maybe down to the router or ISP or whatever. I'm not an expert, mind, bit I'm not completely unaware of how it works as softies and others explained it all to me, patiently, at work a while back and I drew and wrote it all down.

I posted it in case anyone else was having the same issues.

It's even odder, because embed YouTube cannot be logged in, so I've no idea what the Captcha would be for. Do you have any plugins affecting YouTube (like an ad blocker)?

32 minutes ago, limpid said:

It's even odder, because embed YouTube cannot be logged in, so I've no idea what the Captcha would be for. Do you have any plugins affecting YouTube (like an ad blocker)?

No plug ins at all. Nothing within advanced or experimental settings anything other than the default for Safari. Nothing different to any other day in terms of the iPad or its settings.  I regularly clear out everything, too. Maybe once a week. It is very odd.

2 hours ago, blandy said:

No plug ins at all. Nothing within advanced or experimental settings anything other than the default for Safari. Nothing different to any other day in terms of the iPad or its settings.  I regularly clear out everything, too. Maybe once a week. It is very odd.

All I can think is that something was injecting a malicious ad in place of the YouTube content. Very odd.