Mirror phone to laptop

Robtaylor200

Help

I have an app on my phone that allows me to watch live stuff, but I want to watch / mirror it to my lap top

All I want to do is cast the phone screen to my laptop. My phone a Galaxy A12 to my laptop is a Dynabook

Those that know me, will know that I know as much about my phone and laptop as desert camel would know. I mean I had a smart TV for over a year before I realised, we could watch YouTube on it and I only learnt how to cast a few months ago and still get that wrong

I have googled it but I may as well be reading French, I did download an app called Apowermirror onto each device and my laptop picture came on to my phone screen not the other way around. I have deleted them.

I would be happy to use a USB lead to do it if it was easier but don’t know how.

Can any one explain in VERY easy steps how I can do this  please

1 hour ago, blandy said:

Not quite done it for me. I did the lap top bit ok I think,  but when sliding fingers down on the phone I couldn't find cast. I went through display and still couldn't find cast, I cant find cast anywhere not in any settings (couldnt find projection either). I went onto Blue tooth and found my PC it said they were paired but kept saying that it could not connect I checked lap top and it said they were paired. But joy so given up again until I can find this cast button

Edited by Robtaylor200

Well it would seem i know even less than I thought I did. Dont know what I am doing wrong or reading wrong. Both the above seem to be for phone to tv not phone to lap top. Neither apps can find my lap top. Possibly something I am not turning off. So after hours of trying I am giving up for now and will wait for one of the grandkids to try and sort me out 

But thank you for trying

Â