login problems

Enda

Question

On 29/09/2020 at 08:12, limpid said:

Please try and capture that info next time. Also, try clearing cookies and cache.

Is it happening for anyone else (not the embeds - whole page errors)?

Substantial login problems today. Happened earlier. “Temporary server problem” on villatalk.com/login right now on computer; I am posting from phone. Cache already cleared, etc.

14 answers to this question

59 minutes ago, Enda said:

Substantial login problems today. Happened earlier. “Temporary server problem” on villatalk.com/login right now on computer; I am posting from phone. Cache already cleared, etc.

If it's working from your phone, then the problem isn't with the site. Sorry.

20 minutes ago, limpid said:

If it's working from your phone, then the problem isn't with the site. Sorry.

The login process failed, but I was already logged in on my phone. A server error was reported on my browser window. You’re the expert but I’m not sure what you said is accurate.

1 hour ago, Enda said:

The login process failed, but I was already logged in on my phone. A server error was reported on my browser window. You’re the expert but I’m not sure what you said is accurate.

I've asked and no one else has said that they are having problems. I don't know how to proceed with this. Have you tried a different browser?

Yes, just checked on Firefox. Problem (web content mentions “504” and “Invision Community” and “please wait a few minutes and try again”, page title is “Temporary Server Problem”) persists on two browsers. Cant screenshot because I’m on my phone and the errors are on desktop, unless you want a dodgy phone camera photo 😅

It’s not the end of the world for people like me already logged in on another device. In fact it’s not the end of the world for anyone. But if people are logged out they might not be able to report the problem, that’s why I’m posting.

21 minutes ago, Enda said:

Yes, just checked on Firefox. Problem (web content mentions “504” and “Invision Community” and “please wait a few minutes and try again”, page title is “Temporary Server Problem”) persists on two browsers. Cant screenshot because I’m on my phone and the errors are on desktop, unless you want a dodgy phone camera photo 😅

It’s not the end of the world for people like me already logged in on another device. In fact it’s not the end of the world for anyone. But if people are logged out they might not be able to report the problem, that’s why I’m posting.

I've just brought up an incognito window and logged in without any issue. A screenshot might help (but not a photo of your screen), but at the moment this only appears to be affecting one device, which makes me think it's at your end.

15 minutes ago, limpid said:

I've just brought up an incognito window and logged in without any issue. A screenshot might help (but not a photo of your screen), but at the moment this only appears to be affecting one device, which makes me think it's at your end.

Second device, different network, third browser: Safari browser on iPhone, 2 mins ago.

58C92EB3-DAA7-4B14-B77B-C6DA1688567F.jpeg

1 minute ago, Enda said:

Second device, different network, third browser: Safari browser on iPhone, 2 mins ago.

58C92EB3-DAA7-4B14-B77B-C6DA1688567F.jpeg

What is the page that gave this? Your browser isn't showing the URL.

Can you try from your phone using the mobile network? I assume this taken when  on the same network as your computer.

It’s the login page, villatalk.com/login so wherever script behind that is encountering a server error. Not the same network (as my Ethernet connection to a university IP.) I’m just drawing your attention to it, I can post from a browser that had logged in earlier so this isn’t a troubleshooting issue for me.

8 minutes ago, Enda said:

It’s the login page, villatalk.com/login so wherever script behind that is encountering a server error. Not the same network (as my Ethernet connection to a university IP.) I’m just drawing your attention to it, I can post from a browser that had logged in earlier so this isn’t a troubleshooting issue for me.

Who provides your wifi?

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

FWIW just successfully logged with precise settings (phone, browser, wifi) as previous error on Safari. So I don’t think it’s this network.

I'm utterly confused. I don't know what is and what isn't working. It's only affecting one person (as far as I can tell). Perhaps Amazon is (was) having an issue.

14 minutes ago, limpid said:

I'm utterly confused. I don't know what is and what isn't working. It's only affecting one person (as far as I can tell). Perhaps Amazon is (was) having an issue.

The most logical conclusion is the server was overloaded and decided to refuse me entry because I’m Irish and the server is a racist.

22 minutes ago, Enda said:

The most logical conclusion is the server was overloaded and decided to refuse me entry because I’m Irish and the server is a racist.

There isn't a server. The site runs on Amazon's Compute platform :mrgreen:

Â