Connector cable for Lenovo laptop drive

KenjiOgiwara

Hi.

I've got a situation I'm unsure how to deal with. I have a Lenovo Y530 laptop, but after buying an extra 500 gb SSD, I realized I had forgotten to take the connector cable and screws out of the original box. 

I am after a lenovo legion y530 hard drive hdd connector cable nbx0001m400 ey515

It seems my only option is to buy it directly from China, and while it's not expensive (like a tenner or something), it takes a ridiculous amount of time to transport it. Between 1-2 months.

So I wondered if anyone knew a place to order it in Europe? I couldn't find it on google, but people tend to know more than me about this kinda stuff.

Pretty specific part. According to the lenovo part site, the partnumber is 5C10R40220

Is it this one? https://www.ipc-computer.eu/lenovo/notebook/legion-serie/legion-y540-15irh-81rj-81sx-serie/hddadapter-39321625

43 EUR plus 15 in shipping. Not familiar with that site but otherwise you are at the mercy of ebay.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I am not that computer savvy, but that looks to be it I guess. I can't for my life understand why they can't universially design all drive connections for laptops to be similar. 

Usually all manufacturers use M2 or mSATA connectors for newer machines. That looks like a normal SATA connector that Lenovo for some reason decided needed a extension-cable :) 

11 hours ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

This is for a machine purchased this year. I'm gonna add a 500 gb SSD to it, but wouldn't that require M2?

I had to check, the machine has support for both a m2 stick and old fashion 2.5 inch sata, didn't know that.

image.png.493105d349feee5a2a4e87d52355d652.png

edit: Heey, it's a ice rink :D

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 1

Â