Evening fellow Villains.

MaVilla

Hey All;

Strange day for me, I have been a villa fan since I was 14.....so 24 years now...doesnt time fly?

I have never really had the desire before to register on any Villa related forums, but to be completely honest recent developments have made me more optimistic than ever to be a villa fan, and after perusing these forums for quite a while I have decided to jump in and register!

In my opinion we have had decent managers who have done well, but I always thought we were missing a huge trick by having a culture within the club where the club itself has a playing style, and the whole organisation is geared towards that philosophy regardless of who is in charge at any given moment (similar to your Ajax type philosophy).

And low and behold I get a feeling we have finally got there with the recruitment of Dean Smith and all the talk of a top down culture where we play attractive attacking football, and the whole hierarchy is heard towards that goal.

I feel like even of it takes a couple of years to fully implement, we are finally on the right track, I am more than willing to forgive the odd mistake and a mix of highs and lows just to see some beautiful football and an ethos that transcends any one person.

Please don't let me be wrong.......

Just to cover a bit about me, I live in the UK, currently in the leicestershire area but was born and bred in the West mids, supported villa through all the highs and lows since I was 14, and boy have there been some lows :).

onwards and upwards though, and if the current regime actually works like I think it seems to want to, these are some super exciting times for us all!

thanks